Curtin Law is proficient in all areas of retirement plan benefits, including:
- public and private pensions
- qualified and non-qualified plans
- defined benefit plans and defined contribution plans
- employee stock ownership plans
- federal pension plans under the civil service retirement system (CSRS) and federal employee retirement system (FERS)
- thrift savings plans (TSP)
- state, municipal, and local pension plans
- 401(k), 403(b), 457(b) and IRAs
Offering proficiency in QDRO legal services
If you’re looking for high quality and personal service, you’ve come to the right firm. Curtin Law looks at each QDRO case individually and provides an honest, professional assessment of the legal options available while offering cost-effective services.
Please contact us to discuss:
Attorney Curtin is available to present on QDROs and the division of retirement accounts. Contact Curtin Law to learn more.
- The role of a QDRO in a divorce settlement, and why it’s necessary.
- The required steps to get a QDRO approved and our approach to successfully and cost effectively completing them.
- The importance of having your QDRO prepared by an attorney who has a thorough understanding of the process.
- Our approach to drafting marital settlement language specific to the type of plan to assure clients receive their full benefits.
- Why it's necessary for a qualified attorney to review QDROs drafted by opposing party or counsel.
- The importance of having QDROs done in a timely manner to avoid possible loss of benefits.